Thursday, April 14, 2011

Is a blog really necessary?

Okay... so I have to admit I'm not really into most of the past times the majority of Americans love.

I hate cell phones... and if I want to take a photo I'll grab my camera. Realistically, who the heck wants to talk with me anyways?

Facebook isn't my bag. I mean it's great to keep up with old friends and what not... but once again who the heck wants to hear what I think regarding anything. Hell... I don't even care what I think.

So blogging? Really?

To me this whole thing (blogging) is like journaling. "Dear Diary, Today I met the cutest boy/girl" (... you fill in the blank). In short... I don't really get it. The idea of posting my deepest personal thoughts on the internet so that everyone can either rag on them or ingnore them entirely doesn't interest me in the least.

All of that changed however, when a friend of mine... (let's call him David... as he hates being called Dave or Davie) suggested that a blog might be helpful regarding our family's street rod shop.

Street rodding and blogging huh? I know, I know... right about now you're thinking- "Ira... I just don't see the connection." Yeah... I agree with you there, but I thought to myself... What the hell? I'll give it a shot and we'll see what happens.

So really the title of this week's blog should have been- 'The History Of Davis Street Rods LLC- A Brief Synopsis'... or something along those lines.

Davis Street Rods LLC was formed in 2006 by my father Jim Davis and supported wholeheartedly by the entire family. We're a family owned and Colorado based company, competing in the rarified business of building classic cars. We specialize in 1955 through 1957 Chevys, but we'll build pretty much any vehicle a paying customer brings us. Currently our projects range from a 1938 Willys two door sedan to a 1966 Corsa Corvair coupe.

---Pause.... blank stare.... blink.... blink---

Well... that's enough background information for now... lets get to the photographic evidence!








I'm not sure which I ran out of first... things to say or time. Either way, that's it for now.

Ira

1 comment:

  1. Ira...nice start. It looks great! And those are beautiful pictures.

    Davie..

    ReplyDelete